Bism Allah Al Rahman Al Rahim – In The Name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
Assalamu Alaikom Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatuh
Dear community of the ICCNY
I’m pleased to announce that Eid Al-Adha will be on Tuesday, July 20
The following will be the program at the ICCNY for the day of Eid at the Islamic Center (1558 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT)
Tuesday, July 20.
– First prayer: 8:30am https://www.facebook.com/ICCNYStamford/videos/2047486782079742/
– Takbeerat: 9:00am – Salat El Eid (Eid Prayer)
-Second prayer at 10:00 am
10:15AM : Coffee and donut provided.
Please park on the side streets as the parking lot will be closed for prayer and elder parking. Thank you.
On behalf of the entire ICCNY Community, I would like to wish you and your families a Blessed and Eid Mubarak, Insha Allah. Amen.
Eid Mubarak to everyone in the community, and insha Allah we will see you.
Ramadan Kareem Brothers and Sisters,
Please take a moment to review the ICCNY
SAFETY GUIDELINES for the month of Ramadan:
The mosque will be closed for Maghrib prayer for safety precautions.
1. If you feel sick please stay at home. (i.e. If you have a temperature of 100 degrees or over please stay at home.)
2. Please respect our worshippers in the mosque. If you have children under 10 years old please try to keep them home. Children will not be allowed to attend Taraweh at all.
3. A mask is required to be worn at all times inside the mosque and while on the grounds.
4. We are asking all worshippers to bring their own prayer rugs and try to place them at least six feet from your fellow worshippers.
5. For health and safety reasons, please be sure to do wudhu from home.
6. Please park your car at Laurel house Parking.
7. The mosque will be closed until Ramadan 1.
We appreciate your compliance with these guidelines.
The Islamic Cultural Center of New York – Stamford is a religious and cultural organization since 1982, based in Stamford Connecticut. The original plan of the Islamic Cultural Center of New York was to become a Muslim institution comprised of a Mosque, school, library, a lecture hall, a family friendly play area, and a community center.
In addition to partnering with community leaders, ICCNY-Stamford resources are meant to give Muslims (and non-Muslims) a much needed source of reference to help revive interest in our collective history and the importance of past personalities and places.
The entries shown on this site are by no means comprehensive. Insha’Allah we hope to build upon the content over time and introduce many more resources community events.
The prophet Muhammad (saw) frequented the mosque and prayed there. This is referred to in a number of hadith:
As narrated by ‘Abdullah bin Dinar:
Ibn ‘Umar said, “The Prophet used to go to the Mosque of Quba every Saturday (sometimes) walking and (sometimes) riding.” ‘Abdullah (Ibn ‘Umar) used to do the same. Vol 2, Book 21, Number 284 Sahih Bukhari
As narrated by Ibn ‘Umar: