November 9, 2014
Dear ICCNY Families:
Please join us as we teach our children to practice Sadaqa and “Give Back” to the community in the First of what will become our Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive. We ask that you please bring in non-perishable food items to benefit local food pantries in the Stamford area. Here is a list of some items typically needed to prepare a Thanksgiving meal:
- Canned vegetables (whole corn, green beans, etc)
- Canned yams or sweet potatoes
- Canned Pumpkin or Pumpkin Pie mix
- Corn bread or biscuit mix
- Large Cans of (30oz.) Fruit Cocktail
- Cranberry Sauce
- Jars of ready-made turkey or chicken gravy mix
- Boxes of Turkey Stuffing Mix
- Boxes of Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey or Chicken Broth
- Pie Crust mix (non-refrigerator type)
- Boxes of pudding mix
- Disposable turkey roasting pan
- Cans of evaporated milk
- $25 Gift Card from any local supermarket to be used for perishable items (turkey, milk)
To ensure delivery in time for Thanksgiving, the ICCNY Sunday School will be collecting food until 1:00pm Sunday, November 23, 2014. All non-perishable food items will be collected in the ICCNY Sunday School lobby.
As always, we appreciate your help and look forward to a very successful ICCNY Gives Back Event!
We wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!